Best Abandoned Building

Old power station/historic Ivanhoe building
1111 N. Orange Ave.; ouc.com

Orlando Ballet recently fled this gorgeous historic building when they cried “mold!” and were turned out onto the curb. Once an OUC power plant, the former Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts is now nothing but an empty shell, with the newly renovated “Happy New Year/Happy Holidays” sign (paid for by donations from the Ivanhoe Village Main Street District) resting atop it like a crown on a tired old beauty queen. The Ivanhoe Foundation that was charged with the upkeep of the building will most likely disband and leave their money to the Ballet, but nobody is talking about why this local landmark has been left jilted and alone for so long.

More Categories

More Categories

Intro

Music & Nightlife

Arts & Culture

Local Color

Food & Drink

Goods & Services

Sports & Recreation