Apparently, the geniuses that brought you manditory de-shoeing and the no-liquids on planes rule bring you: facial profiling!
Ok, let's do the math -
- number of people that fly per year: 730 million
- number of terrorists in that number: oh, let's say, 10.
- chance of me being hassled by some TSA goon with a power trip: 50%
- chance of me being one of those 10 terrorists: 0%
- number of terrorists actually caught by TSA screening procedures: 0
- the amendments to the Bill of Rights that were sold out so that we could have 100% more irritation and 0% more security: 4th, 14th
Remember - that plot in Britain wasn't broken up by astute screening procedures. It was broken up because someone ratted them out after getting pinched in Pakistan.
I'm just saying people - these freedoms aren't going to stand up for themselves.