I've always heard that if you get bitten by a kimodo dragon, you'll die because his saliva is so infested with bacteria that it might as well be poison.
But this is the first time I've ever heard of it actually happening.... Link to original piece, via the Fortean Times.
"Mansur, an eight- (or nine-) year-old boy, was mauled to death by a Komodo dragon in eastÂern IndoÂneÂsia on 2 June. He was with his uncle mending fishÂing nets (or relievÂing himÂself in a bush) on Komodo Island â?? one of the largÂest in the Komodo natÂional park â?? when the dragon attÂacked him. It clawed his right leg, bit him in the stomÂach with its serrÂated teeth and shook him in an attÂempt to break his neck. His uncle and other men pelted the creatÂure with rocks until it reÂleased the boy, who was unconsÂcious and bleedÂing heavÂily. Before a boat could be arrÂanged to take him to a doctor, he had died of his injurÂies. Even if he had surÂvived the initÂial attack, say experts, he would have been killed by blood poisÂonÂing from the bactÂeria in the dragÂonâ??s saliva."