Saturday, Nov. 7
Lots of great stuff tonight. Biggest thing in my book, though, is this:
- Rich Evans â?? of Florida's Dying and Vinyl Richie's Wiggly World of Records â?? has been busting his ass to get new records by the Jacuzzi Boys and Electric Bunnies ready for the world, and now they're done. Celebrations will commence at Crooked Bayou tonight, with performances from Jacuzzi Boys, Slippery Slopes and Yussuf Jerusalem.
But kids, THAT'S NOT ALL!!
- Park Ave CDs is hosting a listening party for the deluxe reissue of Nirvana's Bleach this afternoon. (Because, you know, nobody's heard it before.) They're giving away tons of cool swag.
Oh yeah, Peaches ... also doing a show at Firestone Live
- Speaking of cartoons - Dethklok, Mastodon, High on Fire, Converge at Hard Rock Live. Does anyone else think it's weird that two of the best metal bands on the planet are having to open for a cartoon?
- Wanna hear a joke about "I'm on a boat?" Wanna hear it eleventy billion times? Go to the T-Pain show at UCF Arena tonight.
- Elvis Perkins in Dearland and A.A. Bondy are at the Social, but you and your beard and specatacles probably knew that already.
- My Man Mohammed CD release party, with the Takers, Brown Note [Will's Pub]
Sunday, Nov. 8
- The weather this weekend could not be more perfect for an 80s Dance Party Under the Stars ... oh, look, there's gonna be one at Stardust tonight.
- All That Remains, Lacuna Coil, Maylene & the Sons of Disaster [HOB]
But you should care about the show! Make SURE to get there early enough to see openers Cauldron; even though they're from Canada, they totally kill it in a New Wave of Thrash sort of way. Shit, the lead singer even got evicted from his apartment in "a dispute over Metallica's music." Except it's even better than what you're thinking. Take it away, Metalunderground.com
As Jason explained, his neighbor was playing Metallica's "S&M" at 2 a.m. He continues," When I had enough and went down to confront him about it with a copy of "Kill 'Em All" explaining that if he's got to crank Metallica at 2 a.m., they have more than that symphony shit." The neighbor was insulted and argued with Jason before slamming the door in his face. Jason retrieved a hockey stick from his apartment and "smash[ed]" the neighbor's door. The landlord gave Jason a notice of eviction.
I have utter faith in these guys ability to rock your face off. Also on the bill: Goatwhore, who are only slightly less awesome than their name. [Back Booth
Monday, Nov. 9
- Chicago's Pseudo Slang will kill it. I have this on good authority. [Will's Pub]