Lots of new (and not-so-new) local-release news to share.
- First up, did you know that Solillaquists of Sound have a brand new album? Well, they do! It's called The 4th Wall (Part 1) and you can snag it from their Bandcamp page. The (innovative) pre-order phase is over – during which the band, uh, broke down the fourth wall and gave the first 500 people who ordered a personalized treat – but the 10-track album is still well worth your attention. The full album (part 2 coming soon) comprises the final entry in their "Listeners Trilogy," but hopefully it won't mark the end of SoS. (Speaking of Solillaquists, Reaching Field, the new album from In Curses – featuring SoS's Alexandrah Sarton – is now available on iTunes.)
- The new split single from Arc & Panther and Abuse is now available for streaming on Bandcamp. Physical copies – on NorseKorea Tapes – are due to be available any day now.
- Speaking of tapes, there's a new cassette from Saskatchewan that collects the group's previously digital-only releases. I think cassettes are dumb, but I know that some people disagree with me. Whatever. Saskatchewan is pretty great, so buy the tape if you like tapes, otherwise, just go buy the downloads from Bandcamp.
- Like good old-fashioned CD's? Rickey Dickens has you set. The twangy troubadour's latest album, Hanging On, is available on CDBaby for just $13. (I bet you can get it cheaper at his shows!) Digital downloads are available too.
- Just want some free local music? Well, the entire Plain Jane Automobile catalog is available for free at their website. The band is undergoing something of a metamorphosis at the moment, launching a "side project" – featuring all of the members – that will be putting PJA on ice for a little while; these free downloads are a pretty nice "thank you for your patience" to their fans.
As usual, if you've got Orlando music news to share ... let Orlando Music News know! Send an email to email@example.com and keep us in the loop.