1. In a million years, I bet you can't guess who is responsible for the first-ever written iteration of the word "fuck." Here's some hints: It took place in 1528 and the writer was religious.
2. Because it's Valentine's Day, I had to include at least a little bit of "Awww!" I present to you an adorable tiny penguin who seems to have fallen in love with his keeper.
3. For all you Valentine's haters, here's something a little less twee. A Georgia sheriff has cancelled Valentine's Day. I mean, OK, he has a legitamite reason, but I think he was probably just trying to get out of buying his significant other chocolate.
4. If you don't love Valentine's Day, but you don't hate it either, maybe you need to spice things up? This gallery of naughty moments from Fairvilla's Valentine's Party should get you started.
5. In ICYMI news, Shia LeBouef went an eensy bit crazy this week. Or did he become a marketing genius? I'll let you decide.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Orlando Weekly. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Orlando Weekly, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club for as little as $5 a month.