1. Two of my favorite things in the entire world are the Oscars and inforgraphics. Mashable, uh, mashed the two together in this super-awesome infographic of illustrations of every single Best Picture winner, ever.
2. Remember the Lost Cat feature from our Puppy Love issue? It touched on the kitty-cam collars that owners are now putting on their cats to see that they are up to when they're alone. I've got two words for you: Shark cam. Researchers from Universities of Hawaii and Tokyo are now equipping sharks with cameras and sensors in order to better understand these animals.
3. Wanna take a bit of a rock down memory lane? Here are some shots from our favorite central Florida shows of 2013.
4. You can own a piece of Mars for only $5. Okay, well, not exactly own, but you know how you can name a star or adopt a penguin? Through Uwingu, a "small company founded by astronomers, planetary scientists, space educators, and former NASA personnel", you can name a crater on Mars. After season 2 of House of Cards, I kinda want to name my crater Frank Underwood.
5. This entry needs no more words than these: Seth Rogan is awesome. Okay, here's a few more words for you: Seth Rogan gives an amazing opening remarks at a Senate hearing on Alzheimer's research.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Orlando Weekly. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Orlando Weekly, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at [email protected].
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club for as little as $5 a month.