Based on the name of this event, Classic Country Covers #1, I'm assuming this is the kick-off to a series of classic country nights at Will's Pub, which certainly appeals to my Ernest Tubb-thumping heart. I'm not sure if performers Johnny "Knuckles" Prevatt, Brian Chodorcoff, Brian Hanson, Jackson Rodgers or the right members of the Woolly Bushmen will get a chance to see this post, but if they're taking requests, I'm making 'em!
10. "It's Only Make Believe" Just put on some tight-fitting jeans, and I promise that on this day, I'll care.
9. "Tennessee Flat-Top Box" Bonus if you actually have one to play.
8. "Wolverton Mountain" The addictive chorus to this song is sweeter than honey.
7. "She Thinks I Still Care" I know this one is kind of inevitably a downer, but maybe do sad song genius George Jones proud?
6. "Dang Me!" Or really anything playful by Roger Miller, and I'll be grinnin' while you're pickin'.
5. "Wabash Cannonball" True American folk songs like this one are difficult to trace but impossible to forget.
4. "May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose" Are you big enough to cover Little Jimmy Dickens?
3. "He'll Have to Go" Just one sappy bar song, pleasepleaseplease?
2. "Wurlitzer Prize" Is there a better song for a crowd to sway along to, beer mug defiantly raised?
1. "The Bird" I freaking double-dog dare someone to take this on.