1. Soon, we may find out just how intelligent dolphins really are. Using the Cetacean Hearing and Telemetry (CHAT) device, scientists have successfully translated a dolphin's first word. Way more advanced than a human's simple "mama" or "dada," the first dolphin word the scientists successfully translated using CHAT was "sargassum."
2. Game of Thrones season 4 premieres on Friday on HBO. The celebrate, or, erm, mourn, Digg put together this video of every single death in the series. The final body count? 5179.
3. We're really lucky to live in Orlando, you guys. The weather is the envy of almost the entire rest of the country. The foodie scene is bangin'. And there are the sunsets. You just can't beat an Orlando sunset.
4. People are getting all kinds of het up over the new Taco Bell breakfast. You know who else loves it? Ronald McDonald. No, really. He does. Just watch the video.
5. Confused about who's rap beefing with who? Did Luda ever have beef with T.I.? Were Kanye and Jay-Z always friendly? This handy Hertzsprung-Russell diagram should set you straight!
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Orlando Weekly. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Orlando Weekly, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Orlando Weekly works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Central Florida.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Orlando’s true free press free.