1. Soon, we may find out just how intelligent dolphins really are. Using the Cetacean Hearing and Telemetry (CHAT) device, scientists have successfully translated a dolphin's first word. Way more advanced than a human's simple "mama" or "dada," the first dolphin word the scientists successfully translated using CHAT was "sargassum."
2. Game of Thrones season 4 premieres on Friday on HBO. The celebrate, or, erm, mourn, Digg put together this video of every single death in the series. The final body count? 5179.
3. We're really lucky to live in Orlando, you guys. The weather is the envy of almost the entire rest of the country. The foodie scene is bangin'. And there are the sunsets. You just can't beat an Orlando sunset.
4. People are getting all kinds of het up over the new Taco Bell breakfast. You know who else loves it? Ronald McDonald. No, really. He does. Just watch the video.
5. Confused about who's rap beefing with who? Did Luda ever have beef with T.I.? Were Kanye and Jay-Z always friendly? This handy Hertzsprung-Russell diagram should set you straight!
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Orlando Weekly. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Orlando Weekly, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club for as little as $5 a month.