Welcome to 19 Questions, a feature where we ask longtime Orlando residents 19 questions that are mostly related to living in the City Beautiful.
Kelleigh Lewis is an executive brand integration manager (try saying that five times fast, or twice even at moderate pace) for The Daily Buzz, the nationally syndicated morning show filmed right here in Orlando. Kelleigh moved to these parts from Hollywood, Fla., when she was just a wee teen circa the year 2000. On the personal side, she has a husband and a dog, acquired in that order.
1. Who's your favorite Orlando resident, living, dead, real or fictional?
I would have to say my parents.
2. What's the best meal you've ever eaten in Orlando?
Truthfully, Anthony's Pizza near Howell Branch and Semoran. I've never had a bad meal there. I always get the spaghetti and meatballs.
3. What was your first Disney trip like?
Well, I was not an Orlando resident at the time. Nothing really stands out about it
I've literally had so many, they all blend together. I think it was Thanksgiving of 1994, and we went for Thanksgiving. My grandparents came ... it was fun.
4. What's the last concert you went to in Orlando?
I can't remember. It's been so long since I've been to a concert.
5. What's your favorite beach in the area?
I recently fell in love with Vilano Beach in St. Augustine. It isn't that big, but it's just beautiful, gorgeous.
6. What's your favorite Orlando attraction that no longer exists?
[Exasperated] I don't know! The only thing I can think of is that bar Pretzels, but I only went there once or twice, so I don't miss it as much as others might
I'm not really sure!
7. What do you hate most about living in Orlando?
I-4. Nobody follows the speed limit, and any time there's an accident, no matter how big it is, everybody's rubbernecking.
8. What do you hate least about living in Orlando?
The proximity to everything. Everything's very centralized. You're 45 minutes from the beach, 20 minutes from downtown
nothing is very far away.
9. Hungry Howie's: pro or con?
I don't have a problem with it. They haven't done anything to me. If you have $5 and you need a pizza, why not?
10. In one word, describe your day job.
11. What's your favorite coffee spot in Orlando?
I don't drink coffee, so
well, that's not true, I drink it once in a blue moon when I'm stressed. But it's very rare [that I do].
12. Do you have an alcoholic beverage of choice?
I don't drink
[laughs] however, if I do ever have a drink, I'd take a screwdriver. It can't be with cheap orange juice, though. Not that frozen block orange juice. Real orange juice or it's crap.
13. Dwight Howard: pro or con?
I'm a sports fan, but I don't watch basketball
like Hungry Howie's, he hasn't done anything to me, so I don't have any feeling about him.
14. Have you ever encountered Wayne Brady? If so, what was the circumstance.
No, I have not.
15. 'N Sync or Backstreet?
'N Sync all the way.
16. Orlando: underrated, overrated or perfectly rated?
Underrated. People think of Orlando as this touristy place, but there's a lot going on outside of that.
17. Universal Studios Mardi Gras or EPCOT Food & Wine Festival?
Epcot Food & Wine Festival!
18. Tourists: pro or con?
I don't mind them. They keep the economy going.
19. What makes someone an Orlandoan?
If you've been to the theme parks several times in one year.