1. Photographer Seth Casteel has put together one of the cutest collections of puppy pics we've ever seen. To create the absolutely adorable photos in his book, Underwater Puppies, Casteel taught over 1,500 puppies from from animal rescues to swim, then photographed their antics in the water. If, like us, you can't get enough of these wet dogs, the book is now available for pre-order or you can head on over to Casteel's website to peep some more pics. (Also, dog lovers, you should check out this gallery of adorable adoptable dogs at Orange County Animal Services.)
2. Sitting down to watch the original Star Wars trilogy is a huge investment of time. The folks over at TL;DW have shortened that time from six-and-a-half hours to a mere three minutes. They hit most of the important parts, but they do spend a bit too much time on the trash-compactor scene.
3. We love old Floridiana bunches here at Orlando Weekly. This gallery takes a look back to the times when Central Florida was more than just theme park central; we were once home to a thriving citrus industry.
4. There's first class and then there's the suites class on Singapore Air. For a cool $18,000, you can fly in style, with double beds, private cabins, gourmet meals, glasses of Dom Perignon and more. Derek Low of NextShark saved up his airline miles so that he could experience a pampered flight. You can check out his entire experience at NextShark. Our favorite part? All the food. Seriously. All of it.
5. Look, we know McDonald's is kind of gross (and has a totally creepy new Ronald McDonald), but we've got two words for you: Batman burger. Maybe someone local will jump on the superhero-burger bandwagon and make us one in Orlando. Oblivion? Graffiti Junktion?
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Orlando Weekly. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Orlando Weekly, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club for as little as $5 a month.