- photo by David Conger
- The four musicians of Celtic Woman are joined by a full band, choir, bagpipers and Irish dancers at Bob Carr Oct. 31.
Today the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts announced new shows and performers for the 2015-2016 season.
Notables who will be gracing the stage at the newly constructed arts center
in the next year include singers Tony Bennett
and Patti LaBelle
, chefs and TV personalities Emeril Lagasse
and Ina Garten – aka the Barefoot Contessa
– and Irish ensemble Celtic Woman
Below is a list of shows announced for the 2015-2016 season at the Dr. Phillips Center. We'll keep you posted throughout the year as new shows are added.
Morgan Stanley Jazz at Dr. Phillips Center series
– October 24, 2015; 8 p.m.
Michael Feinstein Celebrates Sinatra
– January 29, 2016; 8 p.m.
Patti LaBelle – February 20, 2016; 8 p.m.
Tony Bennett – March 9, 2016; 8 p.m.
Chefs at the Dr. Phillips Center series
- photo by Brigitte Lacombe
- Ina Garten, aka "The Barefoot Contessa," comes to the Dr. Phil Jan. 21, 2016.
Emeril Lagasse – December 1, 2015; 8 p.m.
Ina Garten – January 21, 2016; 8 p.m.
– February 21, 2016; 6:30 p.m.
This festival brings together Flamenco artists from around the world during a two-day event.
– March 4, 2016; 8 p.m.
Ballet Flamenco de Andalucia
– March 6, 2016; 8 p.m.
UCF Celebrates the Arts – April 2016
UCF students will take over the DPAC next April to display their work at a free festival. Check out our April 8, 2015, article about the inaugural UCF Festival of the Arts here
– October 31, 2015; Bob Carr Theater; 3 p.m.
One Man Star Wars Trilogy written and performed by Charles Ross
– October 12-18, 2015: In this high-energy show, Ross plays all the characters, recreates the effects, sings the music, flies the ships, and fights both sides of the galaxy.
John Cleese & Eric Idle: Together Again At Last... For The Very First Time
– October 17, 2017: Cleese and Idle will blend scripted and improvised bits with storytelling, musical numbers, exclusive footage, aquatic juggling and an extended audience Q&A to craft a unique comedic experience with every performance.
One Man Breaking Bad
- photo by Chung Doan
- Miles Allen plays all the parts in "One Man Breaking Bad," Dec. 26.
– December 26, 2015-January 1, 2016: Miles Allen smacks the senses with his super-charged, hilariously accurate renditions of all the iconic characters, including Walter White, Jesse, Saul, Skyler, Hank, Walt Junior, Mike and Gus Fring.
– January 14, 2016; 8 p.m.
The Temptations and the Four Tops
– January 24, 2016; 8 p.m.
– February 13, 2016; 8 p.m.
Dixie's Tupperware Party
– March 14-27, 2016
Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood LIVE!
– May 21, 2016; 3 p.m.
Orlando Ballet's 2015/2016 season
, October 30-November 1, 2015 – with live musical accompaniment by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
, December 17-20, 2015 – with live musical accompaniment by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra at all performances.
, February 5-7, 2016 – a mixed bill with a world premiere work by Robert Hill, a fairy tale ballet set to Stravinsky's "Firebird," and To Familiar Spaces in Dream
, an original work by 2014 Bessie Award winner and Manchester Theatre Award nominee Jessica Lang. (The Firebird
will be performed with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.)
, March 18-20, 2016 – staged by American Ballet Theatre ballet mistress Susan Jones, inspired by Marius Petipa and Alexander Gorsky, with musical accompaniment by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
Beauty & the Beast
, April 29-May 1, 2016 – world premiere of Arcadian Broad’s full production of the tale of the beauty inside. This will be the first collaboration between Orlando Ballet and Central Florida Community Arts.
You can purchase tickets by calling the Dr. Phillips Center Box Office at 844-513-2014, going online to drphillipscenter.org
, or visiting the box office at 455 S. Magnolia Ave. Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. or noon-4 p.m. Saturdays.