Photo by Chad Sparkes/Flickr
This week Universal Studios Orlando raised their ticket prices to $105, which is also how much it costs to spend the day at Disney's Magic Kingdom. That's a lot of money.
According to Fox News 13
, Universal Studios raised single park one-day admission from $102 to $105 on Wednesday, February 10. Universal is no stranger to increasing prices to keep up with Disney, and as recently as last October they raised the cost of parking
from $17 to $20.
Since $105 is a lot of money, we crunched the numbers and figured how far that kind of loot can go in The City Beautiful:
- You could buy 23 days of Fixed Route All-Day Passes from Lynx. ($4.95 each)
- You could eat 28 Double D's with guacamole from Gringos Locos. ($3.64 each)
- You could get 5 tickets to see Naked Boys Singing at the Parliament House. ($20 each)
- You could indulge in 3.5 hours of swan boating at Lake Eola Park. ($30 per hour)
- You could drink 8 Old Fashions at Hanson's Shoe Repair. ($12 each)
- You could sip on 26 flat whites from Propagation on Mills Avenue. ($4 each)
- You could ride for 13 uninterrupted hours on your Juice Bike. ($8 per hour)
- You could circle around on the Orlando Eye 5 times. ($20 per ticket... if you're a gambler)