Photo courtesy Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
Dixie Longate, the South's sassiest Tupperware lady, visits the Dr. Phillips Center this week in Dixie's Tupperware Party
(see show info below). You can read our interview with Dixie here
; it contains such gems as:
Orlando Weekly: What's your favorite piece of Tupperware?
Dixie: I have a Jell-O shot caddy for church in case the sermon gets boring.
Orlando Weekly: I was curious about your favorite drink for this spring.
Dixie: You put any kind of drink in front of me, I'll try it. Sometimes the drinks my friends make in their bathtubs, oh my stars, they're so amazing.
The hostess who engrossed us was also kind enough to share a couple of her favorite Jell-O shot mixes with us. Chew a few and everything will seem better.
The Jolly Rancher
- 1 package of watermelon Jell-O
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of sour apple schnapps
- 1/2 cup of watermelon vodka (can substitute apple if watermelon isn't available, but Smirnoff and many other companies carry it now)
- 1 package of orange Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup of Captain Morgan's spiced rum