Parts of Orange Avenue have been shut down following the mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub, which has created quite a few road closures as well as detours for several Lynx bus routes in Orlando.
Orange Avenue will be closed from Kaley to Grant on Monday, according to Bungalower
. The City of Orlando
has encouraged residents to avoid the area surrounding Pulse Nightclub and has released a list of road closures:
- Orange Avenue will remain closed from Michigan Street to Miller Avenue.
- If you are traveling southbound on Orange Avenue, please use Gore Street as your alternate to Division Avenue to the west or Delaney Avenue to the east.
- If you are traveling northbound on Orange Avenue, please use Michigan Street to Division Avenue.
- Eastbound Kaley Street is closed at Lucerne Terrace and westbound Kaley Street is closed at Delaney Avenue. For eastbound Kaley Street, use Division Avenue to Michigan Street as your alternate. For westbound Kaley Street, use Delaney Avenue to Michigan Street or Gore Street as your alternate.
- If you require access to the closure, you must show credentials to verify you reside or have business in the area.
As for bus detours, Lynx 7, 11, 18 and 40, which go through Orange Ave, are the buses specifically affected.
changes in service are listed below.
- NO service on Orange Ave. between Gore St. & Michigan St. *We encourage you to use Link 3/Delaney Ave. 1/4 mile east
- NO service on Columbia St., Sligh Blvd. & Lucerne Terrace
- Stop CLOSED S. Orange Ave. @ Walmart & PNC Bank
- TEMPORARY stop Michigan St. @ Taylor Ave. near McCoy Federal Credit Union
- TEMPORARY stop S. Orange Ave. @ W. Pineloch Ave
- TEMPORARY stop southbound S. Orange Ave @ Gore S
- TEMPORARY stop on Gore St. @ Lucerne Terrace
Lynx said in a Facebook comment the detours will be in effect until further notice.