Hurricane Matthew's chaos is settling but there are still some repercussions. Here's a list of events that were canceled or rescheduled this weekend. Feel free to send any updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will be updating this post continually as information comes in.
- Friday's performance of Dracula
at Carmine Boutique is canceled, but Saturday's
will go on as scheduled.
- Spooky Empire was completely canceled.
- Booktoberfest at the Orlando Public Library, originally scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 7, has been canceled.
- The Winter Park Autumn Art Festival, scheduled for Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 8-9, in Central Park, has been canceled.
- The Southeast Museum of Photography has canceled their opening for the dual Roger Ballen retrospective
planned for Saturday. Snap Orlando, which hosts the other half, has rescheduled their opening from Friday to Saturday, Oct. 8.
Ballen arrived in Orlando Thursday before the airport closed down for the storm.
- Come Out With Pride has issued a statement saying that all events will be postponed until November.
- Both Accidental Music Festival
concerts this week – NOW Ensemble Thursday, Oct. 6, at Blue Bamboo Center for the Arts and Ensemble AMF Saturday, Oct. 8, at Timucua White House – have been canceled. Sunday's show at Timucua, the Continuum Quartet performing the music of Philip Glass and Wu Man, will go ahead as scheduled.
- The Henry Rollins show Saturday, Oct. 8, at the Plaza Live
has been postponed. Management asks ticketholders to retain their tickets until the new date is announced, then contact the box office to request refunds if you cannot attend on the new date.
- At the Dr. Phillips Center, the Thursday, Oct. 6, and Friday, Oct. 7, performances of "The Illusionists" and Rock of Ages
have been canceled. "The Illusionists" has added a performance at 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9, to accommodate patrons who had tickets to either of the two canceled performances. Ticketholders can contact the box office at 800-448-6322 or visit drphillipscenter.org
for information on refunds and/or rescheduled performances.
- The Garth Brooks concert scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, has been moved to 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9.
- 1st Thursdays: Going Goth at Orlando Museum of Art, originally scheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, has been canceled and rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 19.
- Autumn Art Festival Kickoff Party, originally scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 6, at Mead Botanical Garden, has been canceled by the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce.
- Talk Yo Shit
, scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 6, at the Social, has been canceled.
- Will's Pub and Lil Indies will be closed Thursday, Oct. 6, meaning that the Shows I Go To Dance Party featuring Beat Squad at Will's is canceled and at Lil Indies, both Think Tank Trivia and the Kaleigh Baker show are canceled.
- The University of Central Florida has rescheduled its home football game against Tulane from Friday, Oct. 7, to Nov.