via Mike Licht, Flickr Creative Commons
While it would make sense to hear a Trump robot talk about how he once beat Hillary Clinton in the election, or just flat out say "grab 'em by the pussy," there's a strong chance our current president's robot at Disney's Hall of Presidents won't say anything at all.
The Hall of Presidents has been closed for the past three months in preparation for the new orange animatronic addition, yet there hasn't been a single peep from Disney.
This is telling.
As WDW News Today's
Tom Corless points out, Disney is only two months away from reopening the Hall of Presidents, and the signs aren't looking good for Trump's robot.
From WDW News:
Rumors indicate that Disney may never even release a statement when the attraction reopens (to avoid backlash in either direction), but according to sources, Donald Trump will simply stand in the background with other presidents during the classic attraction’s stirring finale. Speaking roles in the attraction will likely be kept to George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, and it is not expected at this time that Morgan Freeman will return as the narrator. This is all unconfirmed at this time, but that’s at least the buzz around cast members in the Magic Kingdom.
If Trump's robot doesn't speak, it would be "yuge." Since the early '90s, every sitting president has said at least a few lines. So, if this actually happens and Trump's robot isn't allowed to speak, I'd like to suggest a few compromises so his followers don't call for a boycott or whatever:
- Show tweets on an overhead projector about how this is the biggest turnout ever at the Hall of Presidents.
- Have the robot's face be permanently stuck in that weird duck face he always makes.
- Have his robot stand off to the side and practice putting.
- Have a Melania robot nudge the Trump robot to puts its hand over its heart for the national anthem.
- Let a Putin robot speak instead.