The life of a red rat snake came to shocking end yesterday when it came in contact with a high-voltage circuit breaker, which subsequently knocked out the power to over 22,000 Jacksonville residents.
According to WKOV
, the power was restored to all residents shortly after the outage, and of course, the snake is now very very dead.
This sort of thing isn't anything new. Animals are constantly getting fried by circuit breakers. Just last May, a raccoon
climbed onto a 13,200-volt breaker at a substation in Kissimmee and not only died a terrible death, but knocked out the power to thousands in the area.