- At least nine months of child careAccording to the report, while all 50 states and the District of Columbia have a gender-based wage gap, Louisiana and Utah have the largest cents-on-the-dollar gap. Only New York and California have smaller cents-on-the-dollar gaps than Florida. The new analysis was released in conjunction with Equal Pay Day on April 10.
- Five more months of rent each year 43 more weeks of food for her family
- Nearly four more months of mortgage and utilities payments
- One additional year of tuition and fees for a four-year public university
- Nearly the full cost of tuition and fees for a two-year community college
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Orlando Weekly. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Orlando Weekly, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Orlando Weekly works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Central Florida.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Orlando’s true free press free.