110.1222 Policy against race or sex scapegoating or race or sex stereotyping.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) "Divisive concepts" means any of the following concepts, including views espousing that:
1. One race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex.
2. The United States is fundamentally racist or sexist.
3. An individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or subconsciously.
4. An individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of his or her race or sex.
5. Members of one race or sex cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect to race or sex.
6. An individual's moral character is inherently determined by his or her race or sex.
7. An individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex.
8. An individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex.
9. Meritocracy or traits, such as a hard work ethic, are racist or sexist or were created by a particular race to oppress another race.
10. Any other form of race or sex scapegoating or race or sex stereotyping.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Orlando Weekly. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Orlando Weekly, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club for as little as $5 a month.