Page 2 of 10
- Photo by Monivette Cordeiro
- No. 7: Visit Pulse.
11. See who would win in a fight – you or your bestie – by dueling in a multi-fighting game tournament at Player 1 Video Game Bar (8562 Palm Parkway; player1orlando.com).
12. Find a new show to love on the Rollins College student-run radio station, WPRK (91.5 FM) – "the best in basement radio" and one of the last surviving terrestrial student stations in the country.
13. Go to a reading at the Kerouac House (kerouac project.org) and see the unassuming College Park room where Dharma Bums was written.
14. Throw away your umbrella and get soaked on purpose during the inevitable summer-afternoon downpour.
15. Order Mama Ling Ling's Thanksgiving sandwich at Pom Pom's Teahouse & Sandwicheria (67 N. Bumby Ave., pompomsteahouse.com) to experience our most indulgent holiday meal any time, without a day's worth of prep.
16. Take a pedicab back to your car after partying downtown; admire your driver's calves.
17. Get buzzed on craft beer at the Geek Easy and end up going home with way more comics than you had planned to purchase. Because sometimes a Rick & Morty trade paperback is exactly what you need when you're drunk (114 S. Semoran Blvd., Winter Park, facebook.com/mygeekeasy).
18. Get some culture while smashing a cocktail: Take a happy-hour tour of the stunning collection of contemporary art at the Alfond Inn (300 E. New England Ave., Winter Park, thealfondinn.com).
19. Instead of taking the boring way around, do/see/ride all the Harry Potter attractions at Universal Orlando (6000 Universal Blvd., universalorlando.com) in the order of Harry's journey in the books: Gringotts Money Exchange to Diagon Alley to the Hogwarts Express and so on and so on for seven damn books.