Don't let the economy undermine your holidays!
There's no place like home for the holidays, if you still have one. And if you do, count yourself among the lucky because in case you hadn't heard, we're in a recession. (That means other people are out of work.) It could turn into a depression. (That means you are out of work.)
There are two schools of thought when the economy stalls during the holiday season: Live each day as if it were your last because January is weeks away; and scrimp, scrounge and save because January is weeks away. We suggest that as Americans, you adopt the former as your official demeanor during these trying times. Let's stick together and put Mr. Claus back to work.
To help you, our staffers have each written a heartwarming essay about their hopes and fears this holiday season. Their essays can also be hand-warming, if you find yourself in need of heat, by applying a match to the newsprint. (Do not try this if you are reading online.)
Happy holidays from your friends at Orlando Weekly!
- TEXAS TURKEY TIME - Bob Whitby
- IRRATIONAL EXHUBERANCE - Jessica Bryce Young
- THE HAT IS THE ANSWER - Justin Strout
- LETTER FROM A BRIDGE - Deanna Morey
- THE DECEMBER REVOLUTION - T.I. Fraser
- I'LL BE FLOATING ABOVE YOUR HEAD - Billy Manes
- I, BITTER - Jeffrey C. Billman
- SILENT NIGHTS - Lindy Shepherd
- HOLIDAY CALENDAR 2008