If you're headed out of town for the holidays and in between the seasonal jingles and near 'nog overdoses, you suddenly realize that there are a few people left on your gift-giving list, don't panic. Especially if you're near TSA. They don't like that.
Yes, we know that Orlando International Airport is overloaded with stuff that screams "I got this at the airport at the very last minute," but mercifully, there are also plenty of gift-buying options that won't be dumped into the automatic regifting pile.
Let this bundle of airport-shopping suggestions be our gift to you.
1. Leather wristlet (Guess, $45) Perfect for the woman on the go, a designer Guess leather wristlet is easy to carry and swanks enough space for credit cards, cash, her cell phone and coins. Our eye gravitated toward the amethyst shade, with its playful inner zebra pattern, but this mini pocketbook also comes in shades of red, brown, black, gray and pink.
2. Sitting Buddha (The Gem Collection, $37.99) Who couldn't use a little peace of mind? Especially when it comes to spending the holidays with your Christmas-crazed family. This lavish gold-plated sculpture might induce a harmonious nature in its recipient, or at the very least, serve as decorative muse for a mantel or bookcase.
3. Fired Snake Watch (Swatch, $80) This one's for the tattooed dude in your life. (Yes, even if he is the badass boyfriend of your little sister.) It's definitely an attention-getter: The brash fire-breathing Japanese dragon design of this Swiss-made watch takes inspiration from Paris tattoo artist Tin-Tin. As part of the Swatch & Art collection, comprised of watches designed by famous tattoo and visual artists, this designer watch is water-resistant, features a large, easy-to-read face, and its synthetic strap affords a high level of comfort.
4. iPad Clip Case (Brookstone, $39.99) As more of a practical (yet laudable) gift, Brookstone's iPad Clip Case is ideal for both the techy and trendy iPad tablet owner. Its rubberized makeup lends ultimate protection in case of accidental drops, and it offers three viewing angles for iPads with Retina display and iPad third-generation models. And whether it be perky pink, red-hot, deep purple or classic navy blue, you can choose the color that best matches your recipient's personality.
5. Seasons Tweetings Gift Box (Lush, $35.95) A little pampering goes a long way this time of year, when that brisk holiday weather prompts cracked, dry skin and chapped lips. If you're looking to spoil someone special, just about any of Lush's organic bath bombs or body lotions should do the trick. But we found the pre-made (and pre-wrapped) holiday gift boxes particularly worthwhile, such as the Seasons Tweetings, which includes the Twilight shower gel, Dream Cream body lotion, soothing and calming Ultrabalm, marzipan-scented Snowcake soap, and the marigold-and-chamomile Tiny Hands Hand Serum.
6. Hello Kitty mustache lunch pail (Sanrio Surprises, $17.95) A playful option, this tin Hello Kitty lunch box appeals to both the grade-school munchkin and the grown-up kid on your gift-giving list. Parents might fill it up with schooltime sammies for the little ones, or we bet that Sanrio-obsessed 20-something you know would love to carry it around and call it "vintage."
Orlando International Airport
1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd.